Frequently Asked Questions
1. Advanced Women’s Care (AWC) days and times of operation?
Monday – Thursday 9 am- 4 pm
2. What services do we offer?
Obstetrical Care, Minimally invasive procedures for heavy menstrual bleeding, Gynecologic Care, Natural Family Planning, 3D/4D Ultrasounds, Hormone Replacement Therapy, In Office Sterilizations, IUDs, STD Testing, Robotic Surgeries
3. How can I obtain a copy of my Medical Record?
You may request your medical records at any time. There is a fee associated with picking your records up. If you are transferring your records to another provider there is no charge.
4. How can I get a prescription refill?
Call your pharmacy first and allow 48 hours. For new prescriptions call 471-2221. You will need to give a 48-hour notice when calling in refills for all maintenance medication. Please let the providers Medical Assistant know if your request is urgent. All calls left before 2 pm will be returned that day, unless the provider is out.
5. Do you treat adolescents?
Yes, if the patient is sexually active, pregnant, or a specific problem under the age of 18 years old.
6. Can I email my Doctor?
Yes. You can use our Portal to email the provider and his staff. Go to our home page for Portal access. This mailbox is only monitored during business hours. Pleas call our main line for immediate assistance after hours, (850) 471-2221.
7. Is there a fee to complete patient forms?
Yes, for all disability paperwork. No fee for FMLA. Please submit all forms 10-14 days prior to the due date.
8. What hospital do the doctors have privileges at?
Dr. Andrews, Dr. Allison, Dr. Calhoun, Dr. Bernal-Blair deliver at Sacred Heart and Baptist Hospital.
9. How can I make an appointment?
Please call 471-2221.
10. How can I cancel my appointment?
You may call during business hours or you may cancel when the automated service calls you.
11. What should I expect at my Annual exam?
Health History, abdominal exam, Speculum exam, Pap Smear, and bimanual exam
12. How do I contact someone about my bill?
We use a billing service through Florida Woman Care. The bills are mailed from Maine. If you have a question regarding billing, feel free to call our office.
13. How am I reminded of appointments?
We have automated phone service. Please answer and confirm your appointment or reschedule. A live operator will come on to reschedule your appointment. It is important we always have a valid number.